Donald Kerr wrote:
Hey Andrew I have one for you...

I get the following error message on a node that does not have any IB cards
[0,1,0]: uDAPL on host burl-ct-v40z-0 was unable to find any NICs.
Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
lower performance.

but I don't see this for the openib btl. Why udapl and not openib? Am I missing something?

Don't think I have enough information. You have an OpenIB stack installed on the system, and the openib BTL is getting loaded? If there's no loadable openib BTL, you wouldn't see this error message coming from it.

Looking at the code, you should see a similar error from both, assuming both BTLs are present.

Andrew

-DON