On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 10:18 -0400, Brian W. Barrett wrote:
> Is there a platform on which this breaks?  It seems to have worked well
> for years...  I'll take a closer look early next week.

It should be a general problem as far as i know. It might have "worked
well for years" but it has never done the "right thing".

The changes to ompi_config_pthreads.m4 is just to make sure LIBS have
the correct value when the checks for OMPI_INTL_POSIX_THREADS_LIBS are
finished and the PTHREAD_MUTEX_ERRORCHECK_NP test is started.
Take a look at the code before applying patch and after and you'll see
what i'm aiming for.

The ompi_check_pthread_pids.m4 fixes two problems.
Making sure that CFLAGS (and not only CPPFLAGS) contains -pthread when
building with gcc (which it didn't and hence the test always failed on
all gcc builds.)
And fixing the test-code itself which was incorrect.
It worked somewhat with old Linux-threads but the new posix correct
thread implementation is more strict on what can be returned in
pthread_exit.

So the patches fixes things that was always broken...