Yet another forgotten issue regarding the f90 large interfaces <https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/39> (note that MPI_IN_PLACE is currently an integer, for a time it was a double complex but that has been fixed).

Problem I have now is that my patches which worked with 1.2 don't work with 1.3. I've tried various fixes for my patches and I don't have a solution like I have for MPI_Gather.

Michael

Consider

call MPI_REDUCE (MPI_IN_PLACE,sumpfi,sumpfmi,MPI_INTEGER,MPI_SUM, 0,allmpi,ier)

Error: Generic subroutine 'mpi_reduce' at (1) is not consistent with a specific subroutine interface

sumpfi is an integer array, sumpfmi is an integer.

The problem is that MPI_IN_PLACE is an integer, so you can only
compile with the large interface file when the second argument of
MPI_REDUCE is an integer, not an integer array, or a character, or a
logical, ...

So this doubles the number of f90 interfaces needed for MPI_REDUCE
(and anything else that uses MPI_IN_PLACE).
---------