Hello Ralph,

Thanks for clarifying that Open MPI at this point does not support  AIX.
I think Open MPI has become the best implementation of MPI available in the
market.
This achievement is due to hard work and dedication of all members of
OMPI development groups.
As a user I wanted to say thank you for making this technology available for
everyone.

As you know three major UNIX out in the market are IBM AIX, HPUX,
and HP's Tru64( from Compaq/Digital). I was hoping that Open MPI could be
used as a common MPI across multiple UNIX, Linux  and RTOS such as VxWorks plat
forms.

A commitment (announced plan) from Open MPI group to make OMPI support
available for major UNIX and RTOS,
will make the Open MPI the leader in the market, and could open new doors for
R&D grants.

Ali,

      Ralph H Castain <r...@lanl.gov>
      Sent by: users-boun...@open-mpi.org
      02/08/2007 08:40 AM Please respond to
            Open MPI Users <us...@open-mpi.org>

     To "Open MPI Users <us...@open-mpi.org>"
            cc
            Subject Re: [OMPI users] Does Open MPI  "Realy" support AIX?

Hi Ali

After conferring with my colleagues, it appears we don't have the cycles
right now to really support AIX. As you have noted, the problem is with the
io forwarding subsystem - a considerable issue.

We will revise the web site to indicate this situation. We will provide an
announcement of any change in that status.

Thanks
Ralph