That's very odd. The usual cause for this is /tmp being unwritable by the user or full. Can you check to see if either of those conditions are true?

Thanks,

Brian

On Apr 13, 2007, at 2:44 AM, Christine Kreuzer wrote:

Hi,

I run openmpi on a AMD Opteron with two dualcore processors an SLE10,
until today everything worked fine but than I got the following error
message:

[computername:20612][0,0,0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Error in file
../../orte/runtime/orte_init_stage1.c at line 302
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- It looks like orte_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort.  There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during orte_init; some of which are due to configuration or
environment problems.  This failure appears to be an internal failure;
here's some additional information (which may only be relevant to an
Open MPI developer):

   orte_session_dir failed
   --> Returned value -1 instead of ORTE_SUCCESS

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----
[computername:20612] [0,0,0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Error in file
../../orte/runtime/orte_system_init.c at line 42
[computername:20612] [0,0,0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Error in file
../../orte/runtime/orte_init.c at line 49
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----
Open RTE was unable to initialize properly.  The error occured while
attempting to orte_init().  Returned value -1 instead of ORTE_SUCCESS.
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

I would appreciate any help or ideas to solve this problem.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Christine
--