Hi,
I'm using Open MPI in a real time rendering system and I need an accurate
latency control.

consider the 'Nagle' optimization implemented in the TCP/IP protocol, which
delays small packets for a short time period to possibly combine them with
successive packets generating network friendly packet sizes.
This optimization can result in a better throughput when lots of small
packets are sent, but can also lead to considerable latencies, if  packets
get delayed several times.

For example, I want to turn the Nagle optimization on for sockets in which
updated scene data is streamed to the clients, as throughput is the main
issue here.
On the other hand, I want turn it off for e.g. sockets used to send tiles to
the clients, as this has to be done with an absolute minimum of latency.

Can I do it with OpenMPI?
Am I using the the wrong tool?

Thanks in advance

Biagio Cosenza