On 9 October 2007 at 08:08, Jeff Squyres wrote:
| On Oct 7, 2007, at 12:53 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
|
| > | Not that I can tell.  What else could I test?  The build-logs
| > don't reveal
| > | anything fishy -- all pt2pt occurrences look fine.  The build itself
| > | proceeded fine (and this was the Debian package build I then uplod)
| >
| > Two more observations:
| > -- the message does not appear on my Ubuntu system
| > -- but it appears on Hao's Debian machine which does not use the
| > Debian package
| >
| > Could this be some dynamic loading issue?  How can we go about
| > solving this?
|
| I'm disconnected from the network for the moment and can't test a
| tarball build myself (i.e., I don't have ready access to a
| distribution tarball), but I think that we disable showing dlopen
| errors for optimized/tarball builds.  Try running with this MCA
| parameter:
|
|    mpriun --mca mca_component_show_load_errors 1 ...

Does not reveal much. Using my Debian system:

orterun -n 2 --mca mca_component_show_load_errors 1 r -e 'library(Rmpi);
print(mpi.comm.rank(0))'

edd@ron:~$ orterun -n 2 --mca mca_component_show_load_errors 1 r -e
'library(Rmpi); print(mpi.comm.rank(0))'
[ron:18360] mca: base: component_find: unable to open osc pt2pt: file not found
(ignored)
[ron:18361] mca: base: component_find: unable to open osc pt2pt: file not found
(ignored)
[1] 0
[1] 1
edd@ron:~$

and using my Ubuntu system -- same code, same compile options --

foo:~> orterun -n 2 --mca mca_component_show_load_errors 1 r -e
'library(Rmpi); print(mpi.comm.rank(0))'
[1] 0
[1] 1
foo:~>

Dirk