On 1/23/08 8:26 AM, "David Gunter" <d...@lanl.gov> wrote:

> A user of one of our OMPI 1.2.3 builds encountered the following error
> message during an MPI job run:
>
> ORTE_ERROR_LOG: File read failure in file
> util/universe_setup_file_io.c at line 123

It means that at some point in the past, an mpirun attempted to startup,
started to write a file that includes info on its name and contact info, and
then was aborted. The user subsequently restarted the job, it saw the file
and attempted to read it, but the info in the file was incomplete.

This can be ignored - we eliminated that handshake from future versions, so
you'll never see it after 1.2.

Ralph