On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 09:16 -0400, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On Jul 13, 2008, at 9:11 AM, Tom Riddle wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if this feature has been incorporated yet? I did a
> > ./configure --help but do not see the enable-ptmalloc2-internal
> > option.
> >
> > - The ptmalloc2 memory manager component is now by default built as
> >   a standalone library named libopenmpi-malloc.  Users wanting to
> >   use leave_pinned with ptmalloc2 will now need to link the library
> >   into their application explicitly.  All other users will use the
> >   libc-provided allocator instead of Open MPI's ptmalloc2.  This
> > change
> >   may be overriden with the configure option enable-ptmalloc2-internal
> >   --> Expected: 1.3
>
> This is on the trunk/v1.3 branch, yes.
>
> The default in v1.3 is that ptmalloc2 is *not* built into libopen-
> pal.  This is different than v1.2, where ptmalloc2 *was* included in
> libopen-pal unless you specified --disable-memory-manager.

Thank you for clearing that ip Jeff, what is the cost of using this
option.  The comments in the code led me to believe this was more to do
with pinning memory than anything else?

Would it be advisable to add a mpicc option to enable and disable
linking this library, with 1.2.6 I was sucesfully able to compile and
run a application without it by simply changing the gcc compile line.

Ashley,