On Jul 30, 2008, at 8:31 AM, James Philbin wrote:

OK, to answer my own question, I recompiled OpenMPI appending
'--with-memory-manager=none' to configure and now things seem to run
fine. I'm not sure how this might affect performance, but at least
it's working now.

If you're not using OpenFabrics networks or older Myrinet (GM) networks, it won't impact performance at all. The memory manager is *only* used to improve the bandwidth of large messages on these networks.

Maybe this can be put in the FAQ?

Yes, it probably should be... I'll add it to the doc tickets for v1.3. Thanks for the heads up.

Cisco Systems