I'm not sure how should I interpret this message:

[local:17344] *** An error occurred in MPI_Testsome
[local:17344] *** on communicator MPI COMMUNICATOR 5 CREATE FROM 0
[local:17344] *** MPI_ERR_TRUNCATE: message truncated
[local:17344] *** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (goodbye)
mpiexec noticed that job rank 0 with PID 17338 on node local exited on signal 15 (Terminated).
3 additional processes aborted (not shown)

I am assuming that the error was triggered because one of the buffers I set in the MPI_Recv_init() calls can not contain the incoming message. However, I don't understand why job rank 0 terminates first. The only process that contains a call to MPI_Testsome has actually rank 3, and it's receiving messages from rank 0.

Also I think it would be a good idea to print the message tag in the error log.