install OpenMPI on both systems. Make sure they are in the same locations. Set up ssh so that it does not require a password between the two systems. MPI will use this to setup the communication.

Use the wrapper calls to compile,
mpicc -o ring_c ring_c.c

Use 'mpirun' to start the job, mpirun --help will give details of its usage.
mpirun -H machine1,machine2 -np 2 ./ring_c

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
Center for Advanced Computing
bro...@umich.edu