On Nov 20, 2008, at 9:43 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:

Interesting - learn something new every day! :-)

Sorry; I was out for the holiday last week, but a clarification: libnuma's man page says that numa_run_on_node*() binds a "thread", but it really should say "process". I looked at the code, and they're simply implementing a wrapper around sched_setaffinity(), which is a per-process binding. Not a per-thread binding.