Hi Ankush,

You can get some example MPI programs from http://www.pdc.kth.se/training/Tutor/MPI/Templates/index-frame.html . You can compare the performance of these in a MPI (single processor, multiple processors) setting and non-MPI (serial) setting to show how it can help their research.

Hope that helps,
Prakash