Hi Jim

Jim Kress wrote:
Are you speaking of the configure for the application or for OpenMPI?

I am speaking of OpenMPI configure.
Scott Hamilton also mentioned this,
when he answered you in the Rocks mailing list.

I have no control over the application since it is provided as an executable
only.

I understand that ORCA is a black box or a black killer whale,
but if your OpenMPI was not built with IB,
there is no hope that ORCA will use IB.
Did you do ompi_info -config?

Some of my builds missed libnuma, others missed libtorque,
eventually I got it right.
Then the OpenMPI team changed configure
(somewhere along the 1.3 series), so I had to change again.

If the libraries aren't in standard places (/usr/lib /usr/lib64),
and the includes also (/usr/include) you need to tell configure where they are. See the OpenMPI README file and FAQ.

My $0.02.
Gus Correa

PS - BTW, what is your advice for a fellow trying to run the
computational chemistry software from Schroedinger.com?
I know nothing of comput-chem, an area where you are the pro.
This question came on the Beowulf list, and apparently the darn piece of software requires MPICH-1, and only executables are provided.
I know (You told me!) that MPICH-1 fails miserably with those
p4 errors on later Linux kernels, which is what the poor guy
is getting.
If he at least had the object files he could try to link to MPICH2,
but apparently he only has executables (statically linked to MPICH-1,
I suppose).

Gustavo Correa
Palisades, NY, 10964-8000 - USA

Jim