Hi,
I am not expert, I am user like you but I think I can help you,

Q. After installing OpenMPI on each machine ,do i need to run a
service/daemon on each machine?
Ans. No, not at all, Open MPI takes care of that for you.

Q. How does peers in MPI environment communicate ?
Ans. Using Communicator(name of the group of processes to whom it belongs,
technically handle) and rank of the process in that Communicator.

Q. After implementing parallel program , do I have to install the
application on every machine ?
Ans. Not necessary. Use "--preload-binary" option while launching the
application through mpirun or mpiexec.

Useful links:
1. http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#simple-spmd-run
2. http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/