Dear Josh,
            I am sure it will definitely be good because if someone is using
OPEN MPI for checkpointing his application, he will not want to sit and
checkpoint the application manually; and this can be a real pain if its a long
running application.

I would imagine an automatic restart from the last checkpoint in case of
failure would also be interesting.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Kritiraj