Is that kind of approach possible within an MPI framework? Perhaps a
grid approach would be better. More experienced people, speak up,
please?
(The reason I say that is that I too am interested in the solution of
that kind of problem, where an individual blade of a blade server
fails and correcting for that failure on the fly is better than taking
checkpoints and restarting the whole process excluding the failed
blade.

Durga