From: users-boun...@open-mpi.org [users-boun...@open-mpi.org] On Behalf Of
Ralph Castain [r...@open-mpi.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:47 AM
To: Open MPI Users
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Open MPI:Problem with 64-bit openMPI andintel compiler

We use Torque with OMPI here on almost every cluster, running 64-bit
jobs with the Intel compilers, so I doubt the problem is with Torque.
It is probably an issue with library paths.

Torque doesn't automatically forward your environment, nor does it
execute your remote .bashrc (or equivalent) when starting your remote
process. While ssh also typically doesn't forward the environment
(though your sys admin may have set it up to do so), it does execute
the remote .bashrc, which could be setting the correct path. I should
also note that mpirun will automatically forward LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
PATH for you, which is something different from what we do for the
other launchers.

If you execute your MPI_Ii_64 program locally on each of your nodes
(i.e., both processes run local), does it work? If so, then try adding

-x LD_LIBRARY_PATH

to your mpirun cmd line. This will tell mpirun to pickup your local
lib-path and forward it for you regardless of the launch environment.