HI Jeff, Ralph,

Yes, I call MPI_COMM_SPAWN in multiple threads simultaneously.
Because I need to expose my parallel algorithm as a web service, I need multiple clients connect and execute my logic as same time(ie mutiple threads). For each client , a new thread is created (by Web service framework) and inside the thread,MPI_Init_Thread() is called if the MPI hasnt been initialized.
The the thread calls MPI_COMM__SPAWN and create new processes.

So ,if this is the case isn't there any workarounds ?

Thanks in advance,
umanga