Hi Jeff,

FWIW, environment variables prefixed with "OMPI_" will automatically be distributed out to processes.

Of course, but saddingly the variable(s) we want to ditribute aren't "OMPI_" variable.

Depending on your environment and launcher, your entire environment may be copied out to all the processes, anyway (rsh does not, but environments like SLURM do), making the OMPI_* and -x mechanisms somewhat redundant.

Does this help?

By now I specified the $MPIEXEC variable to "mpiexec -x BLABLABLA" and advice the users to use this. This is a bit ugly, but working workaround. What i wanted to achieve with my mail, was a less ugly solution :o)

Thanks for your help,

Paul Kapinos

Not at the moment - though I imagine we could create one. It is a tad
tricky in that we allow multiple -x options on the cmd line, but we
obviously can't do that with an envar.

The most likely solution would be to specify multiple "-x" equivalents
by separating them with a comma in the envar. It would take some
parsing to make it all work, but not impossible.

I can add it to the "to-do" list for a rainy day :-)