Hi Josh,

Thanks for helping. That solved the problem!!!

cheers,

Jonathan

Josh Hursey wrote:
So I tried to reproduce this problem today, and everything worked fine for me using the trunk. I haven't tested v1.3/v1.4 yet.

I tried checkpointing with one hostfile then restarting with each of the following:
 - No hostfile
 - a hostfile with completely different machines
 - a hostfile with the same machines in the opposite order

I suspect that the problem is not with Open MPI, but your system interacting with BLCR. Usually when people cannot restart on a different node they have problems with the 'prelink' feature on Linux. BLCR has a FAQ item on this:
  https://upc-bugs.lbl.gov//blcr/doc/html/FAQ.html#prelink

So if this is your problem then you will probably not be able to checkpoint a single process (non-MPI) application on one node and restart on another. Sorry I didn't mention it before, must have slipped my mind.

If this turns out to not be the problem, let me know and I'll take another look. Also send me any error messages that are displayed.

-- Josh