Hello!

As result of our joint efforts (mostly of Kevin Buckley),
I'm able to run SKaMPI benchmarks on NetBSD 5.99.22.
You can find the resulting pkgsrc package at

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/parallel/openmpi/?only_with_tag=MAIN

Patches are at:

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/parallel/openmpi/patches/?only_with_tag=MAIN

Of those:
 - patch-aa deals with RPATH, it was needed at some point and I want to
revisit it to check if it is needed still;
 - patches patch-a[b-g] deal with deficiency in OpenMPI build system,
which doesn't allow using our libltdl and insist on using
non-functioning bundled one;
 - patch-ah implements configuration using getifaddrs,
it is unclear why OpenMPI skips link local addresses preventing thus
zeroconf usage, I have disabled it after some thought,
it is unclear what to do for IPv6 configuration in similar case,
I've left that part unchanged;
 - patches patch-a[ijk] adapt to packaging conventions.

OpenMPI package will be in the next quarterly stable snapshot/branch 2009Q4.

Compiler wrappers seem to work inside pkgsrc framework, I haven't tested
them outside yet (though by Kevin words they should work outside pkgsrc).

Intermediate packages worked on Dragonfly 2.5.1 and FreeBSD 6.3.

--
HE CE3OH...