Thanks for your reply.
My task scheduler is application program level not OS level.
PBS is to ask OS to do the job scheduling.
My scheduler needs to be called by any C++ program to out tasks in to the
scheduler and then distribute tasks to worker nodes.
After the tasks are done, the manager node collects the results.
 It may work like in this way:
while(still tasks available) {  myScheduler.push(tasks);
myScheduler.get(tasks results from client nodes);}

Any help is appreciated.
Jack
June 20  2010