Yves Caniou wrote:
Le Wednesday 28 July 2010 15:05:28, vous avez écrit :

I am confused. I thought all you wanted to do is report out the binding of
the process - yes? Are you trying to set the affinity bindings yourself?

If the latter, then your script doesn't do anything that mpirun wouldn't
do, and doesn't do it as well. You would be far better off just adding
--bind-to-core to the mpirun cmd line.

"mpirun -h" says that it is the default, so there is not even something to do?
I don't even have to add "--mca mpi_paffinity_alone 1" ?

Wow.  I just tried "mpirun -h" and, yes, it claims that "--bind-to-core" is the default.  I believe this is wrong... or at least "misleading."  :^)  You should specify --bind-to-core explicitly.  It is the successor to paffinity.  Do add --report-bindings to check what you're getting.