In a word, no. If a node crashes, OMPI will abort the currently-running job
if it had processes on that node. There is no current ability to "ride-thru"
such an event.

That said, there is work being done to support "ride-thru". Most of that is
in the current developer's code trunk, and more is coming, but I wouldn't
consider it production-quality just yet.

Specifically, the code that does what you specify below is done and works.
It is recovery of the MPI job itself (collectives, lost messages, etc.) that
remains to be completed.