I would like to give Open MPI a test drive on some machines I have in my lab
and I have a few questions...

The machines are RHEL 5.4 machines and an older version of Open MPI was already
installed.  I understand from the faq that I should not simply over write the
old installation, but would it be better if I remove the old version or install
the new to a different location.  I have no need for the old version.

Are there test apps with the Open MPI distribution that I can use to produce
some benchmarks?  One thing I want to get an idea of data transfer rates as a
function of the size of the data transferred.

Thanks,
Ed