Sorry, I should say one more thing about the 500 procs test. I tried to run
two 500 procs at the same time using SGE and it runs fast and finishes at
the same time as the single run. So I think OpenMPI can handle them
separately very well.

For the bind-to-core, I tried to run mpirun --help but not find the
bind-to-core info. I only see bynode or byslot options. Is it same as
bind-to-core? My mpirun shows version 1.3.3 but ompi_info shows 1.4.2.

Thanks a lot.

Linbao