Bonjour,

 Back to this painful issue, partly because  I found a workaround,
and partly because I would like to help.

The initial post was : http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2010/11/14843.php
where I reported about OMPI 1.4.1, but it was the same for 1.4.3.

I spotted the culprit to be line *#274* into btl_openib.c where it was required to replace
*mca_btl_openib_component.qp_infos[qp].u.pp_qp.rd_rsv) * nprocs;*
with
*mca_btl_openib_component.qp_infos[qp].u.pp_qp.rd_rsv) * 32;*
mostly because nprocs = 4096 or 8192 in our case, which was leading to a
very huge memlock resource requirement.

Since I don't believe there is a relevant mca parameter to control this value accurately
(am I wrong ?), I would suggest to invent such switch.

It occurs to work because the number of peers for a given node (apart for rank 0) is very low, but it is definitely useful when all-to-all communication is not required on a big cluster.

 Could someone comment on this ?

 More info on request.

 Thanks,      Happy New Year to you all,       G.