It looks like the logic in the configure script is turning on the FT thread for
you when you specify both '--with-ft=cr' and '--enable-mpi-threads'.

Can you send me the output of 'ompi_info'? Can you also try the MCA parameter
that I mentioned earlier to see if that changes the performance?

I there are many non-blocking sends and receives, there might be performance
bug with the way the point-to-point wrapper is tracking request objects. If the
above MCA parameter does not help the situation, let me know and I might be
able to take a look at this next week.

Thanks,
Josh