On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, Jeremiah Willcock wrote:

I get the following Open MPI error from 1.4.1:

*** An error occurred in MPI_Bcast
*** on communicator MPI COMMUNICATOR 3 SPLIT FROM 0
*** MPI_ERR_IN_STATUS: error code in status
*** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (your MPI job will now abort)

(hostname and port removed from each line). There is no MPI_Status returned by MPI_Bcast, so I don't know what the error is? Is this something that people have seen before?

For the record, this appears to be caused by specifying inconsistent data sizes on the different ranks in the broadcast operation. The error message could still be improved, though.

-- Jeremiah Willcock