> It most certainly will! That mpirun on nodeB is executing under the ssh from
> nodeA, so when that ssh session is killed, it automatically kills everything
> run underneath it. And when mpirun dies, so does the job it was running, as
> per above.
> You can prove this to yourself rather easily. Just ssh to a remote node and
> execute any command that lingers for awhile - say something simple like
> "sleep". Then kill the ssh and do a "ps" on the remote node. I guarantee
> that the command will have died.

Nope, it does not, I just tested it (which I had done before). Doing a
kill on the ssh only kills the ssh
pstree -ulma712
-+= 00001 root init [3]
 |-+= 18226 lma712 bash -c cd /home/lma712/MgO;time mpirun -x LD_LIBRARY_PATH -
 | \-+- 18240 lma712 mpirun -x LD_LIBRARY_PATH -x PATH -np 4 -machinefile .mach
 |   |--- 18243 lma712 /home/lma712/src/Virgin_10.1/lapw1Q_mpi lapw1Q_2.def
 |   \--- 18242 lma712 /home/lma712/src/Virgin_10.1/lapw1Q_mpi lapw1Q_2.def

(As I was writing this, David Singleton demonstrated this a different
way with just a sleep command.)

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Tel: (847) 491-3996 Fax: (847) 491-7820
email: L-marks at northwestern dot edu
Web: www.numis.northwestern.edu
Chair, Commission on Electron Crystallography of IUCR
www.numis.northwestern.edu/
Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what
nobody else has thought
Albert Szent-Gyorgi