Good day,

I am new to the Open MPI package, and so am starting at the beginning. I have little if any desire to build the binaries, so I was glad to see a Windows binary release.

I started with I think is the minimum program:

#include "mpi.h"

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
    MPI_Init(&argc, &argv);

    MPI_Finalize();

    return 0;
}

But, when I build and run this (with MS Visual C++ 2010 Express, running on Windows 7 x64), I get this error:

[Tyler-Quad:06832] [[2206,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Value out of bounds in file ..\.
.\..\openmpi-1.5.3\orte\mca\oob\tcp\oob_tcp.c at line 1193

And it hangs there.

As I mentioned, I am new to this project. Perhaps there is some simple configuration I failed to do after the install. Any clues welcome.

Thank you,
Tyler