Hi Rainer,

> Does REAL work for You?
No.
I am observing same errors (see below) even with INTEGER; please find
the attached test programs with INTEGER and REAL.

C:\test> mpirun mar_f_i.exe
 size=           1 , rank=           0
 start --, rcvbuf=           0           0           0           0           0
 end --, rcvbuf=           2           2           2           2           2

C:\test> mpirun -np 2 mar_f_i.exe
 size=           2 , rank=           0
 start --, rcvbuf=           0           0           0           0           0
 size=           2 , rank=           1
 start --, rcvbuf=           0           0           0           0           0
forrtl: severe (157): Program Exception - access violation
Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source
[vibgyor:12628] [[31763,0],0]-[[31763,1],0] mca_oob_tcp_msg_recv:
readv failed: Unknown error (108)
WARNING: A process refused to die!

Host: vibgyor
PID:  488

This process may still be running and/or consuming resources.

mpirun has exited due to process rank 0 with PID 452 on node vibgyor
exiting improperly. There are two reasons this could occur:

1. this process did not call "init" before exiting, but others in the
job did. This can cause a job to hang indefinitely while it waits for
all processes to call "init". By rule, if one process calls "init",
then ALL processes must call "init" prior to termination.

2. this process called "init", but exited without calling "finalize".
By rule, all processes that call "init" MUST call "finalize" prior to
exiting or it will be considered an "abnormal termination"

This may have caused other processes in the application to be
terminated by signals sent by mpirun (as reported here).

Thank you.
-Hiral