Yeah, and I'm wrong too, InterlockedCompareExchange64 is available on 32-bit. I think this is one for Shiqing.

You could build OpenMPI yourself if you have VS2008. It's pretty easy to do.

Damien

On 24/06/2011 1:51 PM, Jeffrey A Cummings wrote:
Damien -

I'm using the 32 bit version of OpenMPI. I think the 64 refers to the size of integer that the function works on, not the operating system version. I didn't have this problem with VS 2008, so I think they've changed something in VS 2010. I just don't know how to fix it.

- Jeff

From: Damien <dam...@khubla.com>
To: Open MPI Users <us...@open-mpi.org>
Date: 06/24/2011 02:35 PM
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem with prebuilt ver 1.5.3 for windows
Sent by: users-boun...@open-mpi.org

Jeff,

InterlockedCompareExchange64 is a 64-bit-only instruction. Are you running XP 32-bit (I think you are b/c I don't think there was a XP64 SP3...). You need the 32-bit OpenMPI version. If you are running a 64-bit OS, but building a 32-bit executable, that instruction isn't available in 32-bit and you still need to link with 32-bit OpenMPI.

Damien