Prentice,

I didn't have to install the HPC Pack, as far as I know it is only needed
when you want to develop/debug in a cluster. I'm sorry I can't help you
with VS 2010 (I hated it, I switched back to VS 2008), but the
instructions to configure VS 2010 seems to be similar, check the MPICH2
guide for Windows developers.

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/files/mpich2-1.3.2-windevguide.pdf

May be this option is not available for Visual Fortran.

-Miguel