Hi Gus Correa,

 Thank you for your response.

 I'll check what your saying and see if it'll work.

many thanks

sincerly

Mouhamad
Gus Correa <g...@ldeo.columbia.edu> a écrit :

Hi Mouhamad

Did you check if your Open MPI setup is working with the simple
programs in the "examples" subdirectory (connectivity_c.c, hello_c.c, ring_c.c)?
This will tell you if the problem is with Open MPI or with arpege
(whatever program arpege is).
You can compile the examples with mpicc and run them with mpirun
with the same hostfile that you used for arpege.

Also, make sure your PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH point to the bin and
lib subdirectories of your Open MPI installation.
You can set this in your .cshrc/.bashrc file.
See:
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#adding-ompi-to-path

The Open MPI FAQ are worth reading, and may help you with this and
other problems:
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/

Just a suggestion.
Gus Correa

Mouhamad Al-Sayed-Ali wrote:
Hello all,

I have been trying to run the executable "arpege" with

mpirun -np 2 --host file arpege

where file contains the name of the machines. But, I get the following error:

-----------------
There are no allocated resources for the application
 arpege
that match the requested mapping:

Verify that you have mapped the allocated resources properly using the
--host or --hostfile specification.
A daemon (pid unknown) died unexpectedly on signal 1  while attempting to
launch so we are aborting.

There may be more information reported by the environment (see above).

This may be because the daemon was unable to find all the needed shared
libraries on the remote node. You may set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to have the
location of the shared libraries on the remote nodes and this will
automatically be forwarded to the remote nodes.
mpirun noticed that the job aborted, but has no info as to the process
that caused that situation.
mpirun: clean termination accomplished

Can anyone help me, please ?

Sincerly