The two are synonyms for each other - they resolve to the identical variable,
so there isn't anything different about them.

Not sure what the issue might be, but I would check for a typo - we don't check
that mca params are spelled correctly, nor do we check for params that don't
exist (e.g., because you spelled it wrong).