Hello,

I am not sure your issues are related, and I have not tested this
version of ICS, but I have actually had issues with an Intel compiler
build of Open MPI 1.4.3 on a cluster using Westmere processors and
Infiniband (Qlogic), using a Debian distribution, with our in-house code
(www.code-saturne.org).

I am not sure which version of the Intel compiler was used by the the
administrators though, as both versions 11.? and 12.0 are available. On
the same machine, using environment modules, I can run the code compiled
with Intel compilers 11 and Open MPI compiled with GCC 4.4without
issues, but if I switch to the Intel-compiled Open MPI build, I have
issues in some functions of the code, including MPI-IO.I did use the
wrappers, and they probably have some interaction with environment
modules...

I have not investigated further so far, and the code is quite complex,
environment modules are used, and I am not sure of all the details of
the machine, but as you seem to have issues with an Intel compiler, It
may be useful to bring this up (the code is open-source, and I could
provide a small test case to anyone interested in testing, but the only
thing I am relatively confident of in this case is the code itself. We
have had our share of bugs and experience in debugging, and the few
times we have had issues similar to this, either bugs in the MPI
libraries or conflicts between multiple compilers or libraries have been
the origin).

Best regards,