Gotz,

Sorry, I was in a rush and missed that.

Here is some further information the compiler options used by me
for the 1.5.5 build:

 [richard.walsh@bob linux]$ pwd
/share/apps/openmpi-intel/1.5.5/build/opal/mca/memory/linux

[richard.walsh@bob linux]$ make -n malloc.o
echo "  CC    " malloc.o;depbase=`echo malloc.o | sed
's|[^/]*$|.deps/&|;s|\.o$||'`;\
        icc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../../opal/include
-I../../../../orte/include -I../../../../ompi/include
-I../../../../opal/mca/hwloc/hwloc122ompi/hwloc/include/private/autogen
-I../../../../opal/mca/hwloc/hwloc122ompi/hwloc/include/hwloc/autogen
-DMALLOC_DEBUG=0 -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -DUSE_TSD_DATA_HACK=1 -DMALLOC_HOOKS=1
-I./sysdeps/pthread  -I./sysdeps/generic -I../../../..
-I/share/apps/openmpi-intel/1.5.5/build/opal/mca/hwloc/hwloc122ompi/hwloc/include
   -I/usr/include/infiniband -I/usr/include/infiniband   -DNDEBUG -g -O2
-finline-functions -fno-strict-aliasing -restrict -pthread
-I/share/apps/openmpi-intel/1.5.5/build/opal/mca/hwloc/hwloc122ompi/hwloc/include
 -MT malloc.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o malloc.o malloc.c &&\
        mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po

The entry point your code crashed in:

opal_memory_ptmalloc2_int_malloc

is renamed to:

rename.h:#define _int_malloc opal_memory_ptmalloc2_int_malloc

in the malloc.c routine in 1.5.5.  Perhaps you should lower the optimization
level to zero and see what you get.

Sincerely,

rbw

Richard Walsh
Parallel Applications and Systems Manager
CUNY HPC Center, Staten Island, NY
W: 718-982-3319
M: 612-382-4620

Miracles are delivered to order by great intelligence, or when it is
absent, through the passage of time and a series of mere chance
events. -- Max Headroom