 From: Jeff Squyres <jsquy...@cisco.com>
To: adrian sabou <adrian.sa...@yahoo.com>; Open MPI Users <us...@open-mpi.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2012 11:19 PM
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI / SLURM -> Send/Recv blocking

When you run without a hostfile, you're likely only running on a single node
via shared memory (unless you're running inside a SLURM job, which is unlikely,
given the context of your mails).

When you're running in SLURM, I'm guessing that you're running across multiple
nodes.  Are you using TCP as your MPI transport?

If so, I would still recommend trying stopping iptables altogether --
/etc/init.d/iptables stop.  It might not make a difference, but I've found
iptables to be sufficiently complex that it's easier to take that variable out
altogether by stopping it to really, really test to see if that's the problem.