On Feb 16, 2012, at 9:09 AM, ya...@adina.com wrote:

> (2) Solution to this issue:
>
> You may set the $TMPDIR to a same directory on the same host if
> possible; or you could setenv OMPI_PREFIX_ENV to a common
> directory for MPI processes on the same host while keeping your
> $TMPDIR setting. either way is verified and working fine for me!

A clarification on this...

I found OMPI_PREFIX_ENV through some code diving, and it looks like this is an
old name from previous logic.  We'll actually be removing it from our SVN trunk
shortly.

I think the right answer here is to use the orte_tmpdir_base MCA parameter:

    mpirun --mca orte_tmpdir_base /tmp ...

This will tell OMPI where to put the session directory for all processes (even
if their $TMPDIRs are different from each other).  This should be used instead
of setting OMPI_PREFIX_ENV.

For corporate legal information go to: