Hi Joshua,

I don't think the new built-in rsh in later versions of Grid Engine is
going to make any difference - the orted is the real starter of the
MPI tasks and should have a greater influence on the task environment.

However, it would help if you can record the nice values and resource
limits of each of the MPI task - you can easily do so by using a shell
wrapper like this one:

#!/bin/sh

# resource limit
ulimit -a > /tmp/mpijob.$$

# nice value
ps -eo pid,user,nice,command | grep $$

# run real executable
<PATH to real executable>

exit $?

Use mpirun to submit it as if it is the real MPI application - then
you can see if there are limits introduced by Grid Engine that are
causing issues...

Rayson

Open Grid Scheduler / Grid Engine
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/