On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Rohan Deshpande <rohan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do not know how to use *ortecc*.

The same way as mpicc. Actually on my machine they both are symlinks to
"opal_wrapper".
Your second screenshot suggests orte* commands have been installed.

> After looking at the details i found that* yum install did not install
> openmpi-devel package. *
>
> yum cannot find it either - *yum search openmpi-devel says not match
> found.*
>
> I am using* Red Hat 6.2 and i686 processors. *
>

> which mpicc shows -
>
> *which: no mpicc in
> (/usr/lib/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/ns-allinone/bin:/usr/local/ns-allinone/tcl8.4.18/unix:/usr/local/ns-allinone/tk8.4.18/unix:/usr/local/cuda/cuda/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/lib/openmpi/bin)
> *
>
> rpmquery -l openmpi-devel   *says package not installed*
>
> What could be the possible solution?

1) If ortecc is indeed present you can test it.
If it works you may create manually some symlinks of your own:
              ln -s /path1/ortecc /path2/mpicc
              ln -s /path1/orterun /path2/mpirun
where path2 is in your PATH
Maybe the fastest ... but not the cleanest :-)

2) Fix the red hat package ...
May take some time ...

3) As Amit suggested earlier you can also download OpenMPI's source,
compile and install it !

--
Constantinos