Hi again,

Somehow the verbose flag (-v) did not work for me. I tried --debug-daemon and got:

[mpiuser@fantomfs40a ~]$ mpirun --debug-daemons -np 3 --machinefile /home/mpiuser/.mpi_hostfile ./test/mpihello
Daemon was launched on hp430a - beginning to initialize
Daemon [[34432,0],1] checking in as pid 3011 on host hp430a
<stuck here>

Somehow the program got stuck when checking on hosts. The secure log on hp430a showed that mpiuser logged in just fine:

tail /var/log/secure
Jun 7 17:07:31 hp430a sshd[3007]: Accepted publickey for mpiuser from 192.168.0.101 port 34037 ssh2 Jun 7 17:07:31 hp430a sshd[3007]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened for user mpiuser by (uid=0)

Any idea where/how/what to process/check?

Thanks,

D.