Hi Bill,

If you *really* have time, then you can go deep into the log, and find
out why configure failed. It looks like configure failed when it tried
to compile this code:

 .text
 # .gsym_test_func
 .globl .gsym_test_func
 .gsym_test_func:
 # .gsym_test_func

 configure:26752: result: none
 configure:26756: error: Could not determine global symbol label prefix

May be it's a gcc thing?? Like your assembler is too old?? I tried it
in Cygwin, which has gcc 3.4.4, and it seems to work fine (just copy
the 5 lines of code above into a file and name it with the ".s" ext
name. Then compile it with gcc and see if you can reproduce it.

I was involved in a TOP500 project that uses AlphaServer SC ES45 nodes
(a total of 4,096 cores), and it was the #2 in TOP500 a decade ago! It
was fun back then... But I agree with Jeff, it is unlikely that Open
MPI is going to work on Tru64 - all modern processors are much faster
than Alpha and I believe even the TOP500 Alpha machines are all
powered down (even the Earth Simulator is not on the TOP500 list
anymore - that was the #1 back then!!).

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/

http://blogs.scalablelogic.com/