I have a purely parallel job that runs ~100 processes. Each process has
~identical
overhead so the speed of the program is dominated by the slowest processor.

For this reason, I would like to restrict the job to a specific set of
identical (fast)
processors on our cluster.

I read the FAQ on -hosts and -hostfile, but it is still unclear to me what
affect these
directives will have in a queuing environment.

Currently, I submit the job using the "qsub" command in the "sge"
environment as :

            qsub -pe mpich 101 jobfile.job

where jobfile contains the command

            mpirun -np 101 -nolocal ./executable

I would like to restrict the job to nodes compute-5-1 to compute-5-32 on
our machine,
each containing 8 cpu's (slots). How do I go about this?

Thanks, Erik

--
Erik Nelson

Howard Hughes Medical Institute