At least, be aware of silently disabling the usage of InfiniBand if 'multiple'
threading level is activated:

http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2012/10/11584.php

On 10/29/12 19:14, Daniel Mitchell wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've asked my linux distribution to repackage Open MPI with thread support
(meaning configure with --enable-thread-multiple). They are willing to do this
if it won't have any performance/stability hit for Open MPI users who don't
need thread support (meaning everyone but me, apparently). Does enabling thread
support impact performance/stability?

Daniel