I'll bet we're not disabling the C++ test properly when you disable the C++
bindings.  Bummer.  I'll file a bug, but I don't know when that will be fixed.

However, this kind of error typically only occurs when your C++ compiler fails
altogether (e.g., it's broken).  Check the config.log file and see what it says
happened for this specific test -- it may well be that your C++ compiler is
faulty and needs to be fixed anyway.