The name "Beowulf Cluster" typically refers to systems that used the bproc
environment, which kinda fell out of common use a few years ago.

I'm guessing that your problem is because you have some kind of firewalling
enabled on your nodes.  Try disabling all firewalling (e.g., disable the
iptables service), and see if that enables Open MPI to work.